Letter of inquiry for an English course. Viết thư hỏi thông tin về khóa học tiếng Anh ở nước ngoài.



You want to study at a language school in Britain. Write a letter to the Pricipal to ask for details of courses, cost, accommodation and any other information you need to know and tell her something about yourself.
Before viewing the example, you may know some points in this kind of letter.


Introduction
This is in response to your ad. Published in the classified columns of  ____________I wish to join your institute for the course.
Learnt from your ad. Published in _____ of ___ that your center in starting a shortterm course in ____ In this connection I may add to your knowledge that ____ 
With reference to your ad. Published in _________ dated _______ regarding acourse for _____I am interested in joining this course.
As per ad. Published in ________. In this connection I may inform you that Ihave passed__________ 
Body
Please inform me about different courses which are being organized by your institute.
It may be also informed about job opportunities available after completing thecourse because it is a new course of its own
I would like to know whether some placement service is available thro your institute
Since I have to stay away from home, please let me know about boarding andlodging facilities with your institutions
Will its possible to get students concession. Please let me know the details regarding….. of this course. A copy of prospectusmay be mailed to me at your earliest. An early reply will greatly be appreciated toenable me to decide about the course.Please let me know the terms and conditions for the same. I will be much obligedif a brochure containing all relevant information is sent to me as the earliest sothat necessary arrangements can be made well in advance. An early reply will help me to decide my career
Conclusion
Hope you will send the required information at your earliest possible
Please send me a copy of prospectus and other information if any. I am sending aself-addressed envelop along with the bank draft of Rs…………….
Kindly furnish all the details at the earliest so that I may take some decision inthis regard.
Kindly send me a brochure and prospectus containing relevant information for theafore said course. I hope the said information would be mailed to me at theearliest possible. The inconvenience caused to you is much regretted.

Example 1:
Dear Ms. Hibbens,
     I am writing to enquire about the English course which is offered at your school in 2015.
     Could you tell me the length, the cost of a course for a beginner?
     I would be grateful if you can tell me when your earliest course will stars from now?
     As I’m at Pre-intermediate, should I have to take any kind of test to apply for the course?
     And what documents will I have to apply or can I apply on line?
     Finally, I would like to know if accommodation is available at your school?
My e-mail is anonymous@gmail.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely

Example 2:
Dear Sir or Madam,
I'm writing this letter to enquire about your school and the courses you offer. I'm considering the possibility of travelling to your country to take an English course, but before I do this, I would like some more detailed information.
Could you tell me what levels you offer and how you decide which class is suitable for students? I've been studying English for five years at school in my home country but I'm not confident in my speaking and listening. Since I'm interested in a full-time course, I'd also like to know how many hours I need to study per week.
Of course I don't have any family members in your country so I will need some accomodation. depending on the cost, I would prefer a home-stay family so that I can practise my English as much as possible. I am also a vegan, which means I don't eat meat, fish or any diary products. Do you think this will cause any problems? Is it possible to find me a home-stay who can cater to my needs?
Finally, could you forward me some brochures for your courses? If possible, could you include some information on what I can do in my spare time because I don't really know your country very well.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Yours faithfully

Example 3:
Dear Ms Smith,
I am writing to enquire about your summer courses which I saw advertised in ‘English Today’.
I recently took the FCE exam and I am now studying for CAE.
Please could you tell me if you have advanced courses available? What dates do the courses start and how much is the cost?
I will be coming from Vietnam. I would like to know what kind of visa I should apply for.
I would also like to know more about the accommodation. Are single rooms available?
Are meals included in the cost of a course?
I would be grateful if you could send me more information about your school and the surrounding area.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,

2 comments:

  1. Nếu bạn đang dự định nghỉ dưỡng tại Vinpearl trong mùa hè này thì đừng bỏ qua chương trình MUA 2 TÍNH TIỀN 1 mới toanh sau đây nhé.

    Du lịch thả ga - Tiết kiệm tối đa lên tới 2 Triệu đồng

    Khuyến mãi tháng 5 - Mùa hè sôi động

    Đặt kèm dịch vụ - nhận giá ưu đãi



    Website: https://domitravel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nếu bạn đang tìm đang muốn mua hàng từ Úc nhưng không biết làm thế nào để order hàng từ Úc về Việt Nam thì bạn có thể tin tưởng vào những công ty mua hộ hàng thay vì tự vận chuyển hàng quốc tế bạn sẽ tiết kiệm được rất nhiều chi phí và thời gian.

    Website: https://tocamart.com/
    Phone: 098.9599.966
    Adress: 14 - 16 Belmore Road North Punchbowl NSW 2196

    ReplyDelete